“St. Kitts is a magical place and also you simply really feel it so rapidly that you just wish to be there and, extra importantly, you wish to keep there,” he mentioned. “One of many nice issues about it’s you possibly can go to anyplace on the island the place the locals go and really feel invited. It by no means appears like a staged vacationer attraction, however fairly a really genuine place the place everyone’s welcome.”
This sense of house is what Thompson hoped to seize with St. Kitts’ new model marketing campaign, which he formally unveiled final evening. Titled ‘Enterprise Deeper,’ the marketing campaign shall be rolled out throughout the Tourism Authority’s newly redesigned web site and social media channels, in addition to ads, out-of-home and numerous digital channels.
“We took the fantastic surroundings and colors of St. Kitts and put them into this marketing campaign so that folks would come to grasp that that is the place they wish to be,” mentioned Thompson. “We took tropical inexperienced from the superb rainforests and pastel pink from our stunning seashores and superb sunsets in order that the vacation spot will actually resonate with you.”
The brand new marketing campaign comes on the heels of the elimination of all COVID-19-related restrictions in St. Kitts on Aug. 15, permitting all guests, no matter vaccination standing, to enter with out the necessity for pre-arrival testing or quarantine. The marketing campaign additionally launches forward of the Nov. 5 begin date of Air Canada’s direct flight from Toronto to St. Kitts. And now, with Canada eradicating all COVID-19-related border measures on Oct. 1, this trifecta of fine information positions St. Kitts for a strong winter season.
“Each time we’ve seen protocols relaxed in St. Kitts, there was a correlation with the variety of guests coming into the island. So, we expect that now with all of the protocols dropped we’re going to have a substantial amount of guests,” mentioned Thompson, including that Canada historically ranks third amongst St. Kitts’ high markets, behind america and the Caribbean. “We met with Air Canada and Air Canada Holidays at the moment and so they’re very happy with the load elements on the November flight. And with our new marketing campaign dropping and Canadians travelling once more, all the things goes in the suitable route. So now we’re simply hoping for a very good snow storm!”
Heading into the all-important winter season, Thompson mentioned the Tourism Authority shall be leaning closely on the assist of journey advisors.
“We’re undoubtedly going to be performing some fams subsequent yr into St. Kitts, plus we additionally do webinars to offer them with probably the most up-to-date details about the vacation spot. And after tonight, which is our first in-person commerce occasion since Covid, there’ll undoubtedly be extra occasions like this. And I additionally wish to remind them about our Vacation spot Specialist program the place they’ll earn money bonus incentives and extra. We’re at all times right here to offer them with no matter they should assist promote our vacation spot.”
Listed below are extra key factors from final evening’s occasion:
- All air carriers that served St. Kitts previous to the pandemic will as soon as once more be returning for the winter season, together with Air Canada
- To advertise its resumption of flights to St. Kitts, Air Canada and Air Canada Holidays shall be launching seat gross sales and package deal incentives, whereas an unprecedented 30 shopper and commerce occasions hosted by Air Canada can have taken place by yr’s finish
- Save the dates! Carnival is scheduled to happen from Dec. 24-Jan. 2, whereas the extremely anticipated St. Kitts Music Competition shall be making its grand return on June 23-25, 2023
- New properties on the island embody Sundown Reef and Ramada by Wyndham
- The Tourism Authority has unveiled a brand new 28-page print and digital Savour St. Kitts Culinary Information, an inspirational Kittitian Cocktail E-book that includes native rums and crafted cocktails, and a pocket-sized Restaurant Information, all of which may be utilized by journey advisors and shoppers to study St. Kitts’ culinary scene
- St. Kitts has launched an island-wide reserving incentive from Sept. 6-Dec. 16, 2022, that features: e-book 7 nights, pay for 4; 1 evening free; $100 F&B credit score; worth card delivered on check-in; reductions on excursions, leases, choose eating places and reward outlets
- St. Kitts repeatedly updates its journey agent specials on its web site, accessible right here: https://www.stkittstourism.kn/travel-agents/specials
For extra details about journey to St. Kitts, go to https://www.stkittstourism.kn/.